Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is one of the best institutions/universities we have in our country. This institute was started in the early 1900. IISc offers courses in the filed of Engineering, Science, Design, Management. IISc is also a famous research center in India. The main departments in IISc are as below.
- Biological Sciences
- Department of Biochemistry
- Central Animal Facility
- Centre for Ecological Sciences
- Centre for Infectious Disease Research
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology
- Molecular Biophysics Unit
- Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics
- Chemical Sciences
- Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
- Materials Research Centre
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research Centre
- Department of Organic Chemistry
- Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit
- Electrical Sciences
- Department of Computer Science and Automation
- Department of Electrical Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronic Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Sciences
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Centre for Earth Sciences
- Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing
- Centre for Sustainable Technologies
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Divecha Centre for Climate Change
- Department of Materials Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Programme
- Centre for Cryogenic Technology
- Centre for High Energy Physics
- Department of Instrumentation and Applied Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Interdisciplinary Research
- Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning
- Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering
- Centre for Contemporary Studies
- Centre for Nano Science and Engineering
- Department of Computational and Data Sciences
- Department of Management Studies
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research
- Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber Physical Systems
- Supercomputer Education and Research Centre
According to reports, IISc. Bangalore was ranked top in india, 27th in Asia and in the top 300 in the world. IISc has the maximum number of students who are working on research in many subjects. Apart from offering doctoral course, it also offers Master degree courses and Bachelor degree courses.
To get admission in IISc, students have to go through Graduate Aptitude Entrance Test (GATE) or National Eligibility Test (NET) exam. Besides entrance exam results, the admission also depends on the career records and technical interview. This process is common for all the courses except Master of Management, where one has to clear Common Admission Test (CAT) to get admission in to it.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research abbreviated as IISER is a group of institutes that focuses on science and research education. These institutions are running under the supervision of Ministry of Human Resource Development. These are playing a vital role in the development of our country in the basic science field. There are currently seven institutions affiliated to IISER and they are as follows.
|Sl. No.||Name||Location||Established in|
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) is located at the National Highway 59, Odisha. The institute promote quality education and research programs. The institute is offering high class courses at undergraduation and post graduation levels. The admission is open for Bachelor of Science and Master of Science courses.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal is located in Bhauri, Bhopal district, Madhya Pradesh. The institution was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in the year 2008. IISER Bhopal offers high education and research programs at both undergraduation and graduation level.
|Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||2008|
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) West Bengal was established in 2006. The institution is located in Nadia district, West Bengal. The institute offers the best education in undergraduate and graduate courses. Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics and Physical Sciences are the streams available in the institute.
|Kalyani, West Bengal||2006|
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER MOHALI) was established in the year 2007. The IISER Mohali offers B.S, M.S, int Ph. D and doctoral programs. The institute was ranked 52 among other institutions in India for the year 2017.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research is located at Pune, Maharashtra. It was established in 2006. It was announced as an Institute of National importance. The institute offers BS-MS course, integrated Ph. D course and doctorate programs. The institution was ranked 29th among the other institutions in India,
Indian institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER - TVM) is located at Vithura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The institutions offers programs in BS-MS, Integrated Ph. D, Ph. D, post doctoral programs and other courses. It has Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics divisions.
Indian Institute of Science and Research, Tirupati is located in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. It was established along with seven other IISER in India. The institute is currently offering courses in integrated Masters level(B.S-M.S) and Ph. D programs.
|Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh||2015|
There are 3 methods to get admission in IISER and they are,
1. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
2. Through IIT JEE entrance exam
3. Through IISER Aptitude test. To get eligibility to take this test, one should have the top rankings in their state / central board exams.